Saw the new '07 Sebring Thursday

Just a bit of difference from the previous Sebring, but mostly positive IMO. Chrysler can actually still do a tasteful styling job!

Reply to
Some O

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 02:09:02 GMT, Some O graced this newsgroup with:

and this has to do with Nissans because.....?

Reply to
amstaffs

UGH!

Some people's taste is all in their mouths...

Must be a Chrysler salesman trying to drum up some sales for an ugly car!

The 96-02 Coupe was one of the best looking cars ever made. This thing is an abbhoration!

Reply to
Hachiroku

The new Sebring doesn't quite meet my requirements; obvious from my two negatives. Of those other cars I mentioned (Altima is a Nissan isn't it?) a few do appear meet my requirements and I'll look closer at them. Since I keep a car for up to 10 years, I evaluate them closely.

Reply to
Some O

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 18:16:40 GMT, Some O graced this newsgroup with:

well..why you would even think of a domestic car if you're looking at something to last 10 years is beyond me.

Reply to
amstaffs

Well my mom's 1987 Chrysler 5th avenue is going on 20 years and has

135,000 miles. Really not alot of miles in the past few years but get this, it even has the original exhaust.
Reply to
Dave

My daily driver is a 1978 Chrysler Newport.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 02:18:54 GMT, Dave graced this newsgroup with:

LOL...

Reply to
amstaffs

Every once in a while they screw up and make one RIGHT!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Mine is a 1940 Chrysler Royal!

Reply to
Count Floyd

Is it as nice as this one?

Scott in Florida

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 13:20:48 GMT, Scott in Florida graced this newsgroup with:

yeesh..that takes "butt ugly" to a whole new dimension.

IMHO of course. :-)

Reply to
amstaffs

On 21 Oct 2006 20:50:35 -0600, Joe Pfeiffer graced this newsgroup with:

I've owned older cars as well (like a 67 Dodge Dart). And quite honestly, they may still be running but the ones I've owned and the ones I've seen are, figuratively speaking, total crap.

They handle like a boat, rattle like dump truck, drink gas like flushing a toilet and the fit and finish would make a blind man blush.

And don't even get me started on the paint.

No thanks, older American cars are like older Vettes. Great to look at, but you have no idea what's involved to keep them looking nice and on the road.

Reply to
amstaffs

No, I can only drool with envy! Well, that and get it into the body shop for a long-promised vacation....

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Yeah, I used to be a Mustang enthusiast, and have owned several of the

65-70 'Stangs. But once a got my first "modern" car (an '88 CRX Si), I just could not go back to those beautiful-looking, shitty handling, oil-stinking, primitive, cars.
Reply to
dizzy

M-bodies were THE hardy car of the late Chrysler Corporation.

I replaced my OE exhaust on my '86 5th with 2" aluminized behind the converter, which instantly caused highway fuel economy to jump up and the cats to run cooler with lower emissions. These cars weren't "pretty" like the gussied up crap from Roger Smith's GM, but they were far, far more reliable cars. Even in the darkest days and during the Iacocca-led charge toward FWD, Chrysler could still build a rugged, dependable vehicle. That's why a vast majority of municipal fleets and police fleets across the country stuck with the M-body right to the end. When the M-body was retired in '89 and they were forced to go to the "vitamin pill" Caprice from GM, maintenance expenses and failure rates skyrocketed. After one fleet, most never went back to GM for anything, and GM was excluded from many bidding competitions, leaving the Crown Vic the '90s' "cop car" by default.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Last of the "oversized" Chryslers; the M-bodies would start taking over shortly after this.

The one in the ad, being from Pennsylvania, is probably a rust bucket made to look nice, unless it's been garageded 99% of the time. Many senior Chyslers of that era suffered from the same rust problems that the horrible F-bodies did, making good ones quite rare.

Seen yesterday in VG shape: 1978 Aspen 4 door sedan, which has all the signs of where the M-body really came from! I took a look at the car with the proud owner's permission...not a speck of rust anywhere, thanks to use of road salt being illegal out here.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

So does my mother-in-laws 1987 Aries.

Reply to
jcr

I have been on all sides of the automotive business, designer, retailer and fleet maintenance company owner for over a 55 year period. I have never owned a domestic, or foreign, car that was ever problematic and I have owned several dozens of them. ALL manufactures are building good quality, long lasting, dependable vehicle today. One should pick the model that best suits their needs and buy the one that best suits ones budget, period.

One would expect that a guy with a Ph.D. in anything, let alone his field, would be smart enough to use an allies and not post all of his personal information in a NG filled with kooks. LOL

mike hunt

(EDITED, out of compassion, Mike)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I have a 1971 Pinto with 300K on the clock, that looks and runs like new. Nearly all original, but the exhaust was changed once. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter