confused about steering wheel airbag coil centering (Cavalier)

('99 Cavalier) I had a broken piece on my turn signal cam, so I disassembled the steering column to replace that. In reassembling, the Chevy book talks about "centering" the airbag coil. I find the directions confusing.

The book says to ...

  1. rotate the coil hub CW until the coil ribbon stops. 3. Then rotate the coil hub CCW until the centering window appears yellow and both arrows line up.

The CW part went OK, I think. (I had to go 4 turns of the hub.) But, the CCW part leaves me baffled. The arrows are there, but where's the yellow? Are they saying that there should be something yellow behind the window? All I see is air. What's supposed to be there? Or, am I looking at the wrong thing?

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, George

Reply to
George