Coil Packs for 95 Chevy Cavalier

I have a 95 chevy cavalier w/the 2.4 quad 4 engine. I need to replace the coil pack. I could have sworn that the coil is on the intake cover readilly accessable. I called autozone to get a price for the coil pack and they told me that I needed 4 of them. I cant even find 4 of them on the car. How many coils are on this?

Reply to
John

Shep

I was always under the impression that each spark plug had its own coil pack that sat more or less on top of each plug itself.

Reply to
Paradox

There is only one coil...And yes its under the top cover...Just unscrew the 4 ..13mm blts and disconnect it at the leftside of the cover you will see it if your looking at the engine its on your right side...also you may have to remove you throttle cable from the throttle body for easier access....May want to go ahead and replace the plug boots if it dont come with new ones..They have a habbit of going bad.... S Cook Re: Coil Packs for 95 Chevy Cavalier Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Fri, May 27, 2005, 7:50pm (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@capital.net (Shep) The icm and coils are integrated in one piece, according to my info, under the top engine cover. "John" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net... I have a 95 chevy cavalier w/the 2.4 quad 4 engine. I need to replace the coil pack. I could have sworn that the coil is on the intake cover readilly accessable. I called autozone to get a price for the coil pack and they told me that I needed 4 of them. I cant even find 4 of them on the car. How many coils are on this?

Reply to
Steve Cook