Cuban 53' Chevy truck boat-How to?

A few weeks ago a number of Cubans tried to escape using a 53' Chevy truck converted to a makeshift boat. They were making 7+ knots I believe. The story said they attached a prop to the driveshaft. The details of the conversion were never stated. All the wheels appeared to be attached. Floatation used the tires and a number of 55 gal. drums strapped to the side.

Does anyone have a clue to the actual method they used? I suppose they could support the shaft with a pillow block and weld a prop right to the end of it. There are a host of other possibilities.

Reply to
WasteNotWantNot

Watch these shows:

Junkyard Wars (scrapheap challenge in the UK) on TLC. Monster Garage on DSC.

A favorite is making some sort of boat, generally involving 55 gallon drums and/or foam along with attaching screws to the drive line.

Reply to
Brent P