depleted gas mileage all of a sudden

I could usually expect to get 18mpg running around town w/the a/c going all day.

Lately I'm getting something closer to 15mpg. Recently I did disconnect my battery (it turned up dead a couple of times, so I wanted to see if there w as an inordinate current draw). Is that the reason? In general I think I've only disconnected my battery during winter months. I disconnected it again , and it was stalling for a good half hour of driving (stop and go, around town), but eventually stopped stalling. But did my car "learn" during weath er where my a/c is going all the time, and result in my car getting substan tially less mpg? Or is the quality of the gas in NJ just garbage in the las t month or so.

I put some new/used tires on in recent weeks also. Could that be the probl em? I've never seen a different set of tires cause that though.

Would I have to reset my computer, then drive for some amount of time w/o a/c? You want me to do that in this humidity!!??

Reply to
generalordertwentyfour

Well, what kind of car are you driving?

Sure can, especially if the diameter is different.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey