Does freeware OBDII automotive diagnostic check-engine code scanner exist?

Anyone know if Windows freeware OBD II onboard diagnostic scanner software exists?

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:30:59 -0800, ralph wrote:

I should mention that I found just one freeware OBD2 scanner program on Sourceforge - but it was for Linux, not Windows.
FREEDIAG http://freediag.sourceforge.net/
I'm sure someone here is an expert on automotive diagnostics who can tell us where to find Windows freeware to read OBD II diagnostic codes.
BTW, where do we get the computer cable once we find the PC OBDII freeware?
On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:38:52 -0800, ralph wrote:

FWIW, I found a J1962 connector & cable for OBD II connections to your PC http://www.carplugs.com/
Here's a picture of the RS232 USB cable from the J1962 OBDII connector to the laptop PC using the Linux OBD2 freeware
http://www.carplugs.com/images/obd2-cable.jpg
You can even skip the cable and go wireless bluetooth from the J1962 OBD 2 connector to your laptop PC http://www.carplugs.com/obd2bluetooth.html
So far, all I can find are these two freeware OBD II scan tools
FREEDIAG http://freediag.sourceforge.net/
SCANTOOL http://sourceforge.net/projects/scantool/
Are there any other Windows based free OBD II scan tools?
Here's a few more,
http://www.qcontinuum.org/obdgauge/
http://pages.infinit.net/jsenk/obd_Win.htm
http://www.obdpros.com/obd_software.php
http://www.planetfall.com/~jeff/obdii/
http://www.multiplex-engineering.com/interfaces.htm
http://www.obd-2.com/
On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:47:30 -0800, ralph wrote:

Info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kadin2048/List_of_OBD- II_Cables_&_Scanning_Software
BMW http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/Diagnose_files/
Automotive OBD II DTC Search 1.0 (Palm OS) http://www.tucows.com/preview/252439
OBDII Automotive Scan Tool and Virtual Dashboard http://www.obd-2.com/
http://www.rainwell.net/resources/software-elm.html http://obddiagnostics.com/index.html
What car is it for? Maybe some of these will help. Please post back if you find anything that does the job.
--
7side