Forgot inner brake bearing (UPDATE)

Hi Group:

RE: This is an update of my previous recent post about forgeting to install the inner bearing and RACE. 1989 Ford Escort, rear drum brake rebuild screwup.

Thanks for all the comments offering advice and other assorted bullshit. Actually my well meaning neighbor probably only forgot to install the bearing (the RACE probably came pre-installed with the new hub/drum part I purchased new). I consulted with two (2) master techs who have seen it "all". They both said the damage probably is not severe. I have the car up on wood blocks in the driveway up here in Minne-SNOW-ta (current temp is 29F ABOVE ZERO). As soon as it warms up a tad, I'll go out and remove the drums and report back to this learned NG with a damage (if any) report.

Reply to
Wm.(Bill) Warning

|Hi Group: | |RE: This is an update of my previous recent post | about forgeting to install the inner bearing and RACE. | 1989 Ford Escort, rear drum brake rebuild screwup. | |Thanks for all the comments offering advice and other |assorted bullshit. Actually my well meaning neighbor |probably only forgot to install the bearing (the RACE |probably came pre-installed with the new hub/drum |part I purchased new). I consulted with two (2) master |techs who have seen it "all". They both said the damage |probably is not severe. I have the car up on wood blocks |in the driveway up here in Minne-SNOW-ta (current temp |is 29F ABOVE ZERO). As soon as it warms up a tad, |I'll go out and remove the drums and report back to this |learned NG with a damage (if any) report.

So we're looking at ...... April?

| | | |

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

I doubt the race was installed from the factory. I haven't seen that many, but the ones I've seen come with the bearing and you have to pound it in.

Reply to
Tony

I've seen rotors with the race already installed.

Reply to
Brent P