tire rubs inner fender

94 ranger 4X4 has 265 78 15 tires and thats the size door sticker says pass side will rub inner fender when turned sharp,theres 3/4 inch differance between left and right tire sitting straight, tire to inner fender,had front end lined,
Reply to
Tom

You have worn bushings in the front end. The front end has been worked on (lift kit, perhaps) and was put together wrong. Somethinglike that.

You did not give us enough to go on. Does the tire rub on the side or the face (tread)? Does the tire rub on the undercarriage when you turn the other way?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I'm confused.

Why was only one bushing replaced? That is lunacy. Always replace bushings and such in matched sets on the same axle. If you put one on the left side, put the same one on the right side. In my book, I would replace all bushings on an axle because if there is one that needs to be replaced now, odds are good the others will need to be replaced soon.

Replace all of the bushings, and get back to us.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

///snipped///

Tom, Need some more info. Did you just have these tires put on the truck or have they been there for some time? According to the info from my backshop parts guy, the 94 Ranger came with 215X75X15 and 235X75X15 as an option. The

265X75X15 was not an option until 96 or 97 when Ford made a body style change. That is not to say that they (265s) won't fit but the clearance may be very close and any malfunction in the front suspension could cause the rub. Rubbing on one side like that would make me suspect a weak spring on that corner.

DaveD

Reply to
Dave and Trudy

thanks for reply,I had a set of 235 75 15 installed pleanty of room now,but tag on jam says 265 75 15 the rubber bushings I'm sure needs replacing as somebody has replaced 1 outter which is red,rest are black, I don't know if thats a job I want or not thanks ...

Reply to
Tom