Geo Metro ECM puzzle

I picked up a '92 Geo Metro 5 spd (cheap) that had been partially stripped.

It seemed like a simple matter to "Put Humpty Dumpty" together again since there seem to be plenty in the wrecking yards.

This was true until it came to the ECM computer. I have no idea which computer should be in this car. The all look the same, except for the Letter/Number designation. I first tried a '91 (I think) 5 spd "A-3" ECM from and found that the plugs are not the same. Went back looking for some thing newer and found only a '94 Swift 5 spd with a "L-3" ECM. The plugs are the same but I'm not getting any signal to the coil. (coil is hot and OK but the distributor doesn't fire the coil. Changed distributor pickup units but now change.)

I'm wondering if I still have the wrong module.

I see an ECM on ebay that is suppose to be from a '92 5spd and that module designation is "B-8" . I'm going to bid on it if I think that might solve my problem..

Anyone have any constructive thoughts/Ideas on this..

Steve

Reply to
Steve

There is a Yahoo group on using these engines on experimental aircraft. Someone there will know. You could also convert to aftermarket ECM (MegaSquirt) or if there is a way to hang a distributor, to a carb and do away with the ECM.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

call your local chev/geo dealership and provide them wiyh the vin to your new hoopty and they can provide you with the proper ECM #'S you are searching for.

Reply to
plainoldmechanic

Right on...

Professor www.telstar-electr> call your local chev/geo dealership and provide them wiyh the vin to