GM 250 165 Hp Straight six Crab settings

WHAT IS THE OLD SCHOOL METHOD FOR STARTING OUT SETTING A ONE OR TWO BARREL ROCHESTOR CARB ?

SET BOTH MIXTURE SCREWS IN AND THEN BACK OUT HOW MANY TURNS ?????

I JUST DONT REMEMBER THE OLD SCHOOL TEACHERS ANSWER !!

1975 GM 250 165 HP STRAIGHT SIX.

THANKS TO ANY THAT CAN HELP.

SONOFADOCKER

Reply to
sonofadocker

I always went 2.5 out, then once it warms up and the choke is open start winding in until it begins to react, then stop and back out 1/4 turn...

Reply to
jeffcoslacker