HELP!.....TRYING TO REMOVE P0W/STERNG PULLY. BUICK RIVIERA

I need Help. I have a 96 Buick Riviera 3.8 Liter. I am trying to remove the power steering pump pulley. The pulley hub has a recessed socket cap screw which takes a 3/8" allen wrench.I'm not sure whether it is a right or left hand thread. The pulley turns clockwise, viewed from the front face. It is very tight,and I'm afraid I maybe tightening instead of loosening.

Thanks for any help. Rivet.

Reply to
RIVET

That's not how you remove the pulley! It is simply pressed onto the shaft, you need a special tool to remove it and a special tool to install it.

Go rent the proper tools.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai