High Mileage Oils

What's the scoop on the "high mileage" oils I've seen advertised lately. Anything to it or just marketing BS? And what's "High Mileage"? 50K? 75K?

100+K?

Thanks...

Reply to
M.M.

The biggest difference is that these oils have a 10-15% ester (Group V synthetic) content to act as a mild detergent as well as a seal conditioner.

BS? Well, as far as the industry goes, these aren't too bad. Better than the overpriced synthetic blends and Group III "pretend" synthetics out there.

The Pennzoil High Mileage Vehicle formulas are fairly impressive. They are thicker than most oils in a given weight. Add to that the ester and a decent dose of molybdenum and you have a really good oil. You'll probably notice a reduction in engine noise when you switch over to this stuff, depending on what you are currently using.

Well worth the $2 per quart I see this stuff going for.

--- Bror Jace

Reply to
Bror Jace

I have read that before. It still shocks and amazes me that Pennzoil actually seems to have produced a *good* oil for a change, but apparently it is true.

Reply to
Steve