How Much Does the Bed Weigh on a 1975 LWB Chevy Fleetside

Or, how many normal size guys does it take to move one around. I'm bigger than average, but my neighbors aren't ;-)

I'm thinking about making a jig so I can use an engine hoist because I essentially have to do this three times:

  1. Move "new" bed off of my buddy's trailer so I can give it back to him.
  2. Remove old bed and load it on the scrap guy's trailer.
  3. Install "new" bed.

I can't do it all at the same time because I need the bed off to replace gas tanks and clean up the frame. That will take a few days working part time.

Thanks for any advice!

Tom

Reply to
tom_murphy

at least 2 guys. more is better.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I seem to remember the box weighs about 400 pounds or so. One guy on each side with another to steer the tail so you don't have to balance it would be fine.

Reply to
Steve W.

News==----

#1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups > ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Hide quoted text - >

Wow guys! Thanks for the quick reply. I kind of had a feeling that three or four could handle it, but I was not "in charge" when the new bed was lifted from the donor truck and they used the loader bucket on a tractor. Resulted in some extra body work for me, but no big deal. It's way better than my old bed which had rusty wheel wells and a side- swipe.

It's really a load off my mind. I can round up at least people of various ages and genders including two pretty strong guys including myself.

Thanks again, Tom

Reply to
tom_murphy