Hydraulic valve lash adjusters on a 1997 Ford 4.6L 2v

Anyone know how these things adjust.Engine had no compression.Found it was a broken valve spring.I replaced the valve spring reinstalled everything and have no compression.Took the cam follower(rocker arm) off and got 150 on the cylinder.I replaced the valve lash adjuster and got the same result.It doesn't look like the cam follower(rocker arm) is bent but it looks higher than the rest no matter where the cam lob is.

Reply to
bob_in_stpete

From the 1997 ford mustang shop manual on the 4.6L:

"The configuration of the valve train consists of a hydraulic valve tappet providing automatic lash adjustment."

The instructions seem pretty straight forward on replacing all those components...

Reply to
Brent P

Thats what I was wondering.Everything I have read says they self adjust.Looking it them you wouldnt think they do though.I am replacing it today.Thanks for the help.

Reply to
bob_in_stpete