idle problem on nissan Sentra?

hello, my step-son's 2000 Nissan sentra w/1.8 engine idles a little rough at

750rpm then real rough at 1000-1500rpm and then it smoothes right out. he said auto zone got 2 codes with the code reader 303 and 1493. does anyone know what these could be and does anyone have a repair manual for this car,or know where he can get one, it seems for some reason a hard one to find? thanks alot Randy
Reply to
randy pape

While car is idling disconnect each coil. You will probably find disconnecting #3 has no effect. Turn the car off and swap #3 coil with #4. (Very easy) Restart car. Disconnect #4 and you will probably find it makes no difference. It is now proven the car has a bad coil. I did just this today on the exact same model except that it was P0302 -- #2 cylinder misfire.

Neither my Alldata or Mitchell references show a P1493 for this exact model. If they are both wrong it has happened before!

Don

Don

Reply to
Joe 696

here s the link

P0301-P0304 Misfire Cylinders 1-4

P1493 Purge Control Valve & Solenoid Valve

Reply to
Joe 696