Info on 1984 Ford E150 Tranny

Since I'm retired, I'll be helping my son find a replacement manual transmission for his 1984 Ford van by calling the junkyards in the area.

What range of vehicles - dates and models - use the same manual transmission? 198_ to 19__ ?

Reply to
Tony Cooper

======= =======

The salvage yard will have a "Hollander" book and should be willing to tell you.

or.....

try this .......

you can order an interchange book for yourself.

The site is free..... the book isn't.

hopefully helpfull

~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

The reason I'm asking here is that two past experiences with local yards have resulted in purchasing items (not trannys) that they said were interchangable, but weren't. I'd kinda like an independent source, and not someone who wants to get rid of something.

Reply to
Tony Cooper

============ ============

Then better not listen to me.....

I'm get'n rid of information.

ck. out the link i gave you. and do a google for F150 clubs.

~:~ MarshMonster ~google is yer friend~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

. . ======= =======

======= =======

Then you better disregard my reply...... cuz.... I'm getting rid of information.

Suggestions....

If you feel that locating salvage parts for this truck is going to be on going with this truck for years to come......then check out the link.

or......

do a google for "classic F150" sites.....where you're going to find what you need.....which is "vehical specific" parts interchange info. lots of sites in hyperspace

or...... email me with yer paypal acct # and I'll do the google for you......and only charge $1 a hit.

^ ^

0 0 L O

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his coffee....and hopes you know that wuz a joke~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

What link?

So a 1984 Ford E150 van uses the same manual tranny as a 1984 F150?

I wouldn't ask if I knew.

Reply to
Tony Cooper

Read your thread.