Is it ok to switch between brands of synthetic oil?

Sometimes I do my own oil changes and I prefer to use Mobil-1. But at quick-lube places like Jiffy Lube, they usually offer Penzoil Platinum synthetic for only $12 more. Is it ok to switch between brands of synthetic at oil changes or are there solid reasons to stay with one brand of synthetic?

Reply to
techman41973

It is perfectly ok. You can even switch between synthetic and conventional as long as they meet your vehicle's requirements.

Reply to
Bob Jones