It has gotten to the point

I have to put up a fence to keep my neighbors from driving on my yard. I have told them before, I wish you wouldn't tear up my yard.They said they wouldn't drive on my yard again.One of them did it again this morning anyway.They have driven over the cover plate over my water meter valve at least two or three times before.The bottom of the cover plate just does touch the top of the water meter valve, my water line or the water meter could get broken and that would cost me a lot of money.

I think I will go to Lowe's and buy some pressure treated 2'' by 4''s and some 1'' by 4'' boards.I have got to do something to protect my yard and the water meter. They are the kind of neighbors who just don't give a damn about other people's property. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Take pictures and notes before, during, and after construction. Note the day, time, and location. We need to get Community Improvement Assoc. permission to do anything.

Reply to
Paul

sounds more like they are kind to your face but not behind your back.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Last week their garbage can turned over in my yard.He tried to blame it on me.They are adult children, if you know what I mean? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

They do say good fences make good neighbours....

Mike

2000 Cherokee Sport 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG AT's, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame and everything else in '09. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

Jeff Foxworthy has a name for them...

Reply to
HLS

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

Nope. Just a few simple sheets of plywood about 6" square. Hammer 10-12 4" nails through each evenly spaced. Then (preferably when dark or when you

*know* they aren't there) carefully cut up some sod chunk the size of the board and place the board down nail side up, replacing the sod over it, pushing down to secure it. Oh, what a shame your neighbour blew a tire(S) on your yard. What *can* he do?

Seriously, can't the cops handle this? And if not why the hell not?

Reply to
fred

tv.net:

Fred, there is some irony in your post. Because when this problem was posted about a month ago, you were completely AGAINST taking any kind of action like this. If I remember right, you mentioned that action like this would be vandalism and the neighbors would call the cops on anyone who did something like this. (Even if it happened on the property owner's side) So, if cuhulin does what you just suggested and the neighbors saw him, what would stop the neighbors from calling the cops and have cuhulin charged with attempted vandalism?

P.S. Welcome to the dark side. There's hope for you yet.

Reply to
Kruse

I will build a simple fence.I wonder how long the fence would last untill they tear it up/down? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

innews: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

Check ads in local throwaway paper for 'landscaping rocks'. A beach-ball size one at the lower corners of driveway, just high enough so snowplow won't catch them, usually gets the idea across pretty quick. Very common in this town. If water meter pit is at the other end of yard or something, a rock works there as well, or maybe one of those silly iron poles with a flowerpot and a flag for the local high school on it.

Reply to
aemeijers

What I could do/maybe I ought to do, is go out in the woods and dig up some tree saplings.About twelve or fourteen of them should be enough.There are some big trees more or less in a straight line on the other side of my house where I used to have an old raggity wire fence along there.I think trees are somehow attracted to wire fences. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I need to go to the yard and garden center tomorrow anyway, I am going to make a flower bed on top of that old concrete septic tank in my front yard.I will see if they have some tree saplings for sale.Trees grow a new ring each year, they grow stronger and stronger, perfect for fences.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Kruse wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

Well, there's no hope for your brain - it's completely non-existant apparently. I guess satire is *completely* beyond your mental processes too.

Idiot.

Reply to
fred

I suggested something similar the last time he posted about his neighbors. Only, he has to make it look unplanned (oops! I meant to pick up all those

10d nails earlier) or pay for tires...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

It will last as long as it lasts, Cujo.

I had two burglaries last year. I know who did it. They were arrested and put in jail just long enough to get fed.

Now, what the F. do you think I am going to do???

If I cant trust the system to protect me, I will make it unattractive for this human excrement to get to me.

Reply to
HLS

I haven't checked their website lately, but I think

sells a corded security phone which looks like an ordinary slimline/princess phone.You might want to look at their website.I think the phone sells for about $75.00.

I would like to have a little long distance hand held gadget that if I aimed it at ''certain people'' it would give them one humongous of a headache. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Dude, where the hell do you live?

Of course I live in a bucolic town in W. Mass (er, Leftern Mass) and had my XM receiver stolen out of my car right in my front yard...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

About 15 years ago, there was something on local tv news about a guy who was mowing his yard.He went in his house for a cold drink.When he went back outside, somebody had stolen his lawn mower. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Nice place, there!

Reply to