location of coolant drain bolt on engine

I have a 94 voyager 3.0L and i want to flush the cooling system and want to drain the cooling system from the engine block, can anyone please tell me where the drain bolt is on the engine block. And also where is the air bleed valve for the air to come out of the system. I hope someone can help me. Without telling me to get a service manual.

Reply to
mike113

mike113 wrote in rec.autos.tech

The coolant drain valve is that big black hose on the bottom of your radiator. The air valve is also known as the radiator cap. There may actually be another one, but usually not. I have never heard of a manufacturer putting a drain valve on the block. Manufacturers used to put stupid little petcocks on the bottom of the radiators to use to drain, but many have quit doing that. They were a pain, and half the time they didn't work, or broke when trying to open them. It is far easier to just disconnect the bottom radiator hose. To bleed the air out of the system, fill the radiator up, and keep it full as it warms up. Then park the car so that the radiator cap is higher than the rest of the car.

Reply to
Dick C

"Dick C" wrote

Maybe not an actual drain "valve", but the original poster asked where the drain "bolt" would be. Just about every engine out there has block drains from the factory. There are a few engines that don't, the Cadillac Northstar comes to mind.

Sometimes a draincock is easier to open then trying to remove the lower rad hose, and sometimes it's the other way around. Depends on the application.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai