lock-up torque converter 2002 pontiac grand prix 3.1L

Is it turning in every time on 3 and 4, even at 35mph. Very annoying because car lacks power when city driving. RPM drops about 300-500 down. I have serviced my car they said there is nothing wrong but in my opinion this is sick.. Is it normal for all GP's? should I disconnect it? how?

Reply to
Raf

Just wondering. Does it unlock when you tap the brake ?

Reply to
TOLYN9