locking gas cap: opinions?

My moms 70 Barracuda had the gas filler behind the license plate. I think the 56 and 57 Chevys had the trick gas filler behind the taillight assemblies. These days, gas fillers are pretty mundane and no longer tricky. Filling up gas has got to be one of the most boring things that I did today. That's saying a lot!

Reply to
dsi1

I don't recall kids at large ever truly uniformly being a bunch of angels. There have always been kids who were troublemakers, smartasses, criminals-in-training. There have always been kids who weren't that way.

If there's an increase in bad behavior, it's because of a proliferation of the low-end demographic that tends to generate the problem cases. The problem isn't the schools, it's the parents and overall social environment.

Reply to
Doc

Keep more than one.

If you get one, as with anything else I'm sure some are better than others. See which one looks like it's more likely to hold up over time, more substantially made. Give the keyhole a shot of graphite powder or something once in a while.

Don't wait until it wears out and becomes stuck, change it every once in a while.

Reply to
Doc

Lol...good one, even if the obligatory troll never sees it.

Reply to
Doc
**** My point exactly. Whether I didnt make it clearly before, the problem with education is not money, and it is not the quality of teachers, for the most part. It is the quality of the student, and that relates back to the parents.
Reply to
hls

bullshit. i used to teach remedial math as a volunteer program in a poor part of san francisco. i can tell you from direct personal experience, these kids were coming into this program unable to do even basic arithmetic, let alone algebra or calculus. that's 100% a teaching issue because these kids were

  1. never taught properly.

  1. never assessed properly.

thus, they'd just get pushed on from year to year, unable to keep up. the result was their feeling morally and intellectually undermined, which would in turn lead to their not even trying any more, and eventually becoming disruptive.

in my classes, i would take then back to basics and get them proficient, then build their skills and confidence from there. i couldn't make an "a" student out of all the "f"'s that came to me, but i succeeded more than 50% of them. and this was in spite of backgrounds/home environments that included all kinds of shit you never want to know about.

bad parenting doesn't help. but good teaching can and does change the equation. blaming parents is just the cop-out brainwashing used to justify the wholesale destruction we've seen of the public education system. and the fact that you don't know this indicates that you're a victim of it.

Reply to
jim beam