LOUDER turn signal indicator for car which none is compatible

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Install a 12v piezo beeper. They cost about $6 US. You won't even have to splice wires. Just jam the wires up the backside of the t/s the plug under the dash and tape in place. They can be made quieter by putting a piece of tape over the hole.
On 08/29/2013 06:36 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

if you really can't hear it, and really want to, then install a $2.49 piezo buzzer from radio shack. wire between the turn signal flasher relay "hot" and ground, and you're done.
--
fact check required

On Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:36:03 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Visit www.turnalarm.com for a loud turn signal flasher
On Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:22:17 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Hook it up to the horn. Only jokeing.
On Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:36:03 PM UTC+3, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Selling the car to the appreciative buyer. I hate even the quieter of the loud blinkers with passion.
On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:54:09 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

_____________
Sissy baby, the woud bwinkers hurt your wittle ears? Poor baby!
It's about SAFETY! About not leaving a blinker on like I see too often on our roads and highways.
You don't like loud turn signal indicators? Don't drive.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

while I agree with you, it really is about paying attenction to your driving, If your leaving your blinker on a lot, it is because you are not attentive enough about what you are doing. (My Semi has a louder blinker, but I don`t know about any aftermarket loud ones for the auto market, at least the newer ones with the electronic flashers) KB
On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:10:05 AM UTC-5, Kevin Bottorff wrote:

It simply means you aren't looking at your gauge cluster enough.
Like Kevin said it's about paying attention.
I had a '89 Cutlas cierra that if you left the blinkers on for more than 1/8 mile a loud chime would start up. Only car I've owned with that feature.
Blinkers? Where I come from they are a waste of an accessory as no one uses them!
On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:18:07 AM UTC-7, m6onz5a wrote:

money2noise wrote "Blinkers? Where I come from they are a waste of an accessory as no one uses them! - show quoted text -"
Where you come from? A police dept? LOLOLOL!
On 11/13/2013 07:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sad but true!
To be fair, turn signal use among the general public is only slightly higher...
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 11/13/2013 09:33 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I agree, on both points. My attention is directed out the windows and to the mirrors, and I check the gauges more frequently than most apparently but only when I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the windshield or mirrors that will need attention for a second or two.
Also, one doesn't give much thought to the turn signal mechanism until one has a car with a completely defective one. I hated the turn signals on my old F*rd pickemup truck as they'd self-cancel if you looked at them funny (and it was one of those horrible multi-function stalks to boot, and as a final insult was wobbly and tenuous feeling.) Odd that my '55 Studebaker had a completely inoffensive and properly functional turn signal mechanism and yet 40 years later Ford had apparently lost all of their reference material on turn signal function and ergonomics. Fortunately both of my current vehicles have gone back to "inoffensive" status, although one (surprisingly, for a German car) has the gauge panel laid out so that for a person of my height and proportions when the seat and steering wheel are adjusted for a proper driving position, the turn signal telltales are obscured by the upper rim of the steering wheel...!
To the OP; could you rig something with a couple diodes to the front turn signal circuits (or the telltales in the dash which should be the same thing) and then install a standard mini or micro relay under the dash doing nothing other than clicking, or perhaps some kind of inoffensive 12V chime or other noisemaker?
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Replace chimes with something like a cell phone vibrator built into the steering wheel. Like a stick shaker on an airplane.
Paul Hovnanian wrote "Replace chimes with something like a cell phone vibrator built into the steering wheel. Like a stick shaker on an airplane. "
Don't overcomplicate things man! And all turn signals I've heard "tick" - not chime. Seatbelt warnings and open doors chime.
I can't believe folks have gotten so soft they get offended by a ticking BLINKER...
Kevin Bottorff wrote:

The electronics are easy, get a small 12 volt beeper and connect it to the output of the flasher. For those who really don't notice the piezos off a "screamin meenie" alarm clock should work.....
--
Steve W.