Turn Signal Woes - '98 S70GLT

I'm posting this for one of my bosses: she has the above car, and this evening lost her turn signals on the way to work. After the car sat for a while, they started working again. What are the most likely gremlins? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Michael Cerkowski

This year had a recall for turn signal sockets. We have a '98 S70, and bulbs were always burning out from the time we bought it. Talk to a dealer.

Bill Chesapeake, VA

Reply to
bill

Thanks. I'll tell her. The funny thing is, though, that the signal bulb(s) didn't burn out...

Reply to
Michael Cerkowski

If the lights come on but the flashing is gone, you may want to look at the relay. It is part of the HAZARD button that you remove by first taking out the ashtray (2 screws)underneath and pushing out the HAZARD button towards the gear shift lever to unplug. Had to do it on my 98 S70 last month!

Good luck

Reply to
Peete

Thanks. I'll tell her to try that if the lights were lit. I think that they were out, but I'm not sure.

Reply to
Michael Cerkowski

I had to do this to my S70 as well, with exactly the same symptoms. However I slid the radio out (no disconnection required) and loosened the hazard switch/relay that way. No screws!

Reply to
Mike F