Mazda Mazda6 Replacing the low beam headlight

Does anyone know how to change the head light on a Mazda 6. I attempted to figure it out on my own, but couldn't do it. For the most part it looks like a sealed assembly from the front. My hunch is I need to go in from the back, but can't find how to release the assembly to get room to manuever or if there is even a way to do it from the back.

If anyone knows the process and cares to share I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Reply to
paul.esposito

Okay, so a little more work and I figured it out. The owners manual says take it to the dealership to change, and that might be good advise for some. I was minutes away myself when someone gave me a tip. So to change the light bulbs on the headlights:

Open the hood, directly behind the light you want to change at the back of the Headlight assembly are caps to each bulb. I removed the cap and pulled it out, I then looked inskde the hole and I could see a tension latch, I released that and then was able to wiggle the bulb out. From there I did the replacement.

Overall this was not easy, my hand hardly fit. So you have no room to manuver. I basically could only get 2 fingers on the bulb to wiggle it back into place.

Hope this helps someone.

Reply to
paul.esposito