XC-70 Door Locks are "Possessed" !!!!!

OK, here's one.... This morning the battery on wife's XC-70(2004) was dead and I had to jump start it. It turned right over and I drove it around for 30 minutes to charge it back up. I pulled in the driveway since today was oil change day. A little while when I was under the car, I heard "click....clickclick.....click......click".... "What is that, everythings off?"...

I got out from under the car and realized that my door locks (all of them) were trying to unlock themselves. (they already were). Every

30 seconds or a minute there it was Click, ClickClick....

I pulled out the manual to figure out which fuse killed the door lock. Our friends from Sweden aren't so simple minded as us Americans. All I could find were 34 and 35 which were the Door Power fuses (25A). Pulling these stopped the FRONT door locks, but I couldn't figure out how to depower the back doors and tail gate.

I quickly finished my oil change and took another 10 minute drive (yes it started). I came back and shut down. A few minutes later.... Click...ClickClick............

As we speak, my car sits with the battery disconnected. No sense burning up all my door lock solenoids.

Any ideas......... Regards from the Garden State Fred K.

Reply to
betsey

Try taking the battery out of the remote after locking all the doors.

Reply to
Roadie

Reply to
John Robertson