Minus 30 temperature Mobil 1 0W30 or 5W30.

Living in a cold winter climate like Calgary, Alberta. Canada where we have just been through a very cold spell where many people could not start their vehicles including me. I am going to do an oil change tomorrow which Mobil 1 Oil should I use 0W30 or 5W30. I have an older vehicle.

Thanks in advance Denny B

Reply to
Denny B

Without knowing the year, make and model, I'd go with the 0W30. I use

0W40 here in Michigan in a BMW and highly recommend it.
Reply to
saeengineer

Reply to
Rudy Hiebert