Need car wiring website links, please

I bought a used Protege that was wired strangely: the gas and radiator fan are turned on via a manual switch. These can be turned on even when the car is off, so if you forget to turn them off your battery dies.

Can someone refer me to a website that will give me information on rewiring my car to make it work correctly? Google turns up a bunch of hits that appear to have to do with everything but what I need.

Thanks.

javelin

"javelin" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

fuel pump should 'turn on' with request from ECM....cooling fan should 'turn on' with request from temp switch or A/C request.....previous owner got rid of the 'request' option....on a protege i wouldnt spend much diagnosing the probs. learn to turn off the demand switchs! (tie a string around your finger/leave note on rearview) they were doomed for salvage as they were driven off the delivery truck. i personnaly pampered 30 of them thru 2 yr rental program. what a POS!

Reply to
Kjun

innews: snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Bummers. I was really hoping for a little more encouragement, but you seem to have some good (or bad?) experience. I really like the handling and power the little car has, although I'll admit, the quality of Mazda body, and parts in general, has gone down a lot over the years. I had an 88 Mazda 323, and it was better built than this one is.

Well, thanks anyway. :-(

Reply to
javelin

innews: snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

You could easily put regular Bosch relays in the power lines to each thing and wire it so it only triggers on when you turn the key on and they all shut off when the key goes off. It is pretty easy.

Here is a link on how to wire them in:

Mike

Mike Romain

Thanks for the link, it may be just what I was looking for. I'm no electrician, but I should be able to figure out the diagrams.

Thanks aga> javel> >> "javelin" wrote

innews: snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

in:

javelin