Rover 214 wiring diagram

My brother needs a diagram for this car, preferably the full diagram. He has the Haynes manual but it doesn't show the wiring diagram for the multi point injection engine. It is specifically for the ECU as it would appear that the immobiliser is not going off. the car can be turned but there is no spark. Can anyone help?

If you can, a copy e-mailed to me would do the job. I will supply e-mail address if someone can come up trumps.

TIA.

Reply to
gazzafield

gazzafield (game snipped-for-privacy@nospam.thank.you) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Which shape 200? Bubble or Origami?

Reply to
Adrian

Substitute a bulb for the ignition coil and see if it flickers when cranking the engine. If not then use a multimeter set to millivolt range to check for an output from the crank sensor (back of flywheel) when cranking.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

My guess would be origami, as it definitely aint the bublle shape. It's an N reg. I should have said, bad form and all that.

Reply to
gazzafield

The immobiliser system does not affect the ignition system on any of these cars. The immobiliser stops the fuel injectors and the fuel pump so your problem is nothing to do with the factory fitted immobiliser. Also , do not do what someone else suggested and connect a bulb to the ignition coil wires. This almost always damages the ECU on these cars. The ignition output is designed to work into an inductive load only. Regards Mike

Reply to
Mike