106 car stereo wiring colours

My girlfriend just bought her first car - a Peugeot 106, and I've promised to put in the stereo.. But there are only a bunch of wires sticking out, in colours that don't match those on the stereo. Can someone tell me which wires go where and what to watch out for? Nico

Reply to
Nico via CarKB.com

Dig out a service manual eg haynes, (ebay/halfords/wherever), and have a look at the wiring diagram for the stereo system. Each wire ought to have a number stamped on the insulation. Find this number wire on the wiring diagram, and you will know what's what! As there are multiple circuits using the same colour wires (with different numbers) on mine, I can't really give you a good visual description of what's what, and no doubt the numbering would be different on my 205.

Hope this is some help

Andy

Reply to
stealthf0x

Thanks, that is already a great help. I thought this kind of information would lie around on the internet, but I guess not. Cheers

Reply to
nico via CarKB.com