Need help Installing Transmission cooler in 97 Astro

I am trying to install a tranny cooler in my 97 chevy astro. I have the cooler mounted in front of the radiator. The problem I have is I need to know how to connect it to the radiator. I have bought an adapter kit for the newer gm vehicles but the fitting they supplied me is too small to fit in the radiator. Do they make a special adapter for these newer gm vehicles. I really do not want to have to cut the metal lines running from the transmission to splice in to it. Thanks much... Shannen

Reply to
Shannen

forget the radiator

cut the lines just behind the bend from horizontal to go up to the radiator

take your cooler hoses to a CarQuest or NAPA or Parts Plus and have hydraulic fittings crimped on one end to mate up with the metal line (compression sleeve)

hook up that end first, then cut to length and hook up the other ends

Reply to
TranSurgeon