New car

I'm thinking about replacing my Rav4 (daughter just begged away the Camry) with a New Rav, a Vensa, or a Silverado (Truck is on the list because of the $3500 rebate on my GM MC account). Reliability is important, Rav has excellent reports, Silverado has average, but Vensa is too new for much feedback on its track record. Any Info from this group would be much appreciated.

Tom

Reply to
tak

If you are considering either a pickup or an SUV I am not sure I understand your requirements. Do you need to carry a lot of large objects, like 4 x 8 building material? How often do you take it off road? How rough of terrain is your off-road usage?

Reply to
Don Stauffer

General use- some hauling of large objects that the Rav4 occasionally had problems with due to the tailgate arrangement (No overhang). Virtually no off road likely. Will haul boat and gear, about 2000#. Oh, and a couple of times a year, taking riding mowers and snowblowers in for tune-ups/repair.

Between my Camry 6 cyl. and the Rav4, most of my needs were met but the Camry is gone as of last Friday and the vehicle situation is under review.

Reply to
tak

For those requirement, get a sedan and install a trailer hitch.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Or buy a big long 18 feet long van.Both of my big old Dodge (1978 and

1983) vans are at least 18 feet long, bumper to bumper.I easily haul 4' by 8' sheets of plywood in my Dodge van.I can put 14 feet long boards in my van and still close both of the rear doors.I love big old long tall vans. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

Thanks to all for your advice. I still am looking for any info on the Toyota Venza if anyone has one to report on.

Reply to
tak

You can't really think of the RAV4 as an SUV. Its more in the category of a compact station wagon (but you can't call anything a station wagon anymore). There's no way 4X8 sheets of anything will fit in it.

The one review I've seen of the Vensa was overall negative from the perspective of a couple of days driving experience in the hands of an auto journalist. Of course, we don't know who was paying him.

Reply to
E. Meyer