Nox Emissions - 94 Geo prizm 1.8L

Hey guys! I'm having a problem with my NOx emissions. The readings are as follows

HC - 0.05g/mile CO - 0.2 g/mile NOx - 2.09g/mile

The car ( 94 Geo prizm 1.8L) has only 84k miles on it.

From the readings, it seems my CO is extremely low, since the max limit

is about 90 times higher than what I'm emitting. What do you think the problem might be? Too lean?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Reply to
YaminH101

wrote: (94 Geo prizm 1.8L 84k)

Hey guys! I'm having a problem with my NOx emissions.

HC - 0.05g/mile CO - 0.2 g/mile NOx - 2.09g/mile

My CO is extremely low, since the max limit is about 90 times higher than what I'm emitting. What could be the problem? _________________________________________________

There is no problem with the CO if it is only 1/90th of the limit . There is no problem with the NOx unless it exceeds some limit. There is no problem with the HC unless it exceeds some limit.

So there is no problem.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

Sorry, just to clarify, the NOx limit is 1.99g/mile. So my car is over the limit, thus the questions. :-) Thanks again!

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
YaminH101

Your EGR valve is clogged or more likely your EGR passages are clogged.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt