Old Car.

Google,,, ericpetersautos.com Old Car End Run I don't drive my 1983 Dodge van (with a Carter Thermoquad 4 barrel carburetor) often enough to make instsalling fuel injection wort h while to me. I drive it about once a month, the gas in the carburetor bow l evaporates, I have to pump the pedal a few times to get gas in there.

Reply to
JR

I left my 1994 Honda Civic Si parked outside for 9 months straight, and it started up with less than 5 seconds of turning the engine over. Used the original battery the 11 years I had the car.

Reply to
T0m $herman

My "daily" driver is like that, but I don't think I've gone more than

6 months without driving it, and of course it has fuel injection. 1993 Grand Am. Think its on its second battery.
Reply to
Vic Smith

I don't drive my 1983 Dodge van (with a Carter Therm oquad 4 barrel carburetor) often enough to make instsalling fuel injection worth while to me. I drive it about once a month, the gas in the carbureto r bowl evaporates, I have to pump the pedal a few times to get gas in there .

Maybe if I drill a small diameter hole in the top of the air filter metal p late and a small diameter length of copper tubing and let the tube be right above the carburetor butterfly valves and the other end of the tube be beh ind the engine cover and up above the engine cover. I could use a small fun nel and put a spoon full or two of gas into the tube to put some gas into t he carburetor bowl. That might help to get the engine started faster. If it works I wouldn't have to remove the engine cover to prime the carburetor.

Reply to
JR

Maybe if I drill a small diameter hole in the top of the air filter metal plate and a small diameter length of copper tubing and let the tube be right above the carburetor butterfly valves and the other end of the tube be behind the engine cover and up above the engine cover. I could use a small funnel and put a spoon full or two of gas into the tube to put some gas into the carburetor bowl. That might help to get the engine started faster. If it works I wouldn't have to remove the engine cover to prime the carburetor.

Wrong yet again, the loss of fuel isn't due to the gas evaporating. TQ's were notorious for well cap leaks draining the float bowls. They were commonly fixed with Delco Remy Epoxy Compound#1966807, normally used for setting rectifiers. I still have some.

Reply to
.