Re: Drivers report trouble with fixed Toyotas

I believe what Steve Wozniack said.I believe what the Toyota taxi cab driver in Dublin,Ireland said. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

In January of this year, I rebuilt the Carter Thermo Quad four barrel carburetor in my 1983 Dodge van.Before I rebuilt the carburetor, the engine had suddenly got to where it wouldn't slow down, it wouldn't run at idle speed.I didn't try to drive my van anywhere in that condition.That was the first four barrel carburetor I have ever rebuilt.One barrel carburetors and two barrel carburetors are a piece of cake to rebuild compared to four barrel carburetors.My van runs real good now. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Governor Daniels says gov unfair to Toyota

And I say Governor Daniels is Right. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Veil of secrecy covers Toyota cars black boxes.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Of course he as a vested intetrest in protecting Toyota since they have a plant in his state. Likewise for the other three governors mentioned (Kentucky, Mississippi, and Texas). They need to protect their investment in Toyota. If Toyota hadn't shut down NUMMI, Arnold might have come out for Toyota as well. I can see it now, Arnold in a Camry, saying "Ya'll Come Back."

I think the Congressional hearing are a side show intended to distract the public from how lousy the Congress is handling the buisness of the people. The US Government already had an agency that is supposed to insure that automobiles were safe. If Congress needs to invistigate auto safety, then they should be grilling NHTSA. NHTSA didn't handle the complaints about Toyota vehicle speed control properly 3 years ago. NHTSA should be explaining why. Focusing on Toyota executives is a way to deflect attention from the failure of the Governement agency responsible for auto safety.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Ahhhhnold would probally be driving one of those Maybach cars.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

There is a new Toyota factory building in Blue Springs, (near Tupelo) Mississippi which was recently built, but that factory building is empty because of the economy situation.Maybe someday if America's economy gets better, if Toyota's situation gets better too, Toyota might start building some Toyota Prius cars there.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Not sure, but aren't all new cars/trucks/vans made in America put together with a lot of foreign made parts?

It is an International World nowadays,,, say what?

I am hanging on to all of my old Made in America clunkers! cuhulin, hanging on

Reply to
cuhulin