Passed Aircare with high NOX - what to test first

My Dodge Caravan 3.3l (270,000 klics) has passed aircare but with nox reading that are 50% above average. I'd like to adjust one thing at a time an retest. What is the most likely cause.

- dirty air filter (never replaced)

- spark plugs (never replaced)

- EGR valve (is this ever the problem)

- O2 sensor etc.

Thanks

Year

Reply to
xxx

That should be;

Year NOx Average

2007 895 732 2008 953 671 2009 976 656
Reply to
xxx

xxx wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h14g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

You've *never* replaced your spark plugs *or* your air filter? If you're the original owner or didn't buy it less than 100,00 Km ago I'd change those first. Look at the owners manual on a *regular* basis. These things (among others you've probably missed too) *need* to be replaced.

Reply to
fred

Wait a minute... you are at 162,000 miles with the original air filter and original plugs?

Do you do ANY maintenance at all on this car?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

That downright turns my stomach... You reckon he ever changed oil or serviced the tranny?

Reply to
hls

Folks who live in Lotus Land are in a different world.

Reply to
cavedweller

Chances are the spark plugs with new wires and a new air filter will correct this issue.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B