Photo radar bill in Calif - will pass if motorists say nothing

If speed limits were properly set, that would be a non-issue. It would also mean the cameras would be unecessary.

Who agreed? The politicians looking to raise more money to spend on thier pet projects don't count.

------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Set the limits properly and at least 85% of the drivers on the road would not be 'pushing the enevelope' as you describe it. Then the cops could concentrate on getting the truly dangerous drivers off the road.

That so many in your state ignore the limtis on interstates points to improperly set limits.

That has nothing to do with speed limits.

Really? Where does the money go? Does it go into fixing unsafe roads? Does it go into better driving training? I would bet that the money does not go to either and just goes into the general fund for the politicians to spend on projects that they think will net them the most votes at the next election.

Me too. But I also use my brain and don't blindly follow.

Most folks do the right thing. Unfortunately the right thing has been made illegal by ignorant folks setting the laws.

--------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Who elected that politician, Alex?? Maybe he or she was not your choice, but the politicians are elected by the people.

If you don't like it, complain to the politician. Vote differently next time. Run for office yourself.

The law is the law. If you can't change it and won't obey it, then you have to pay the penalty.

Reply to
<HLS

*********And who will decide where they are to be set, Alex??
******No, I don't think it means this at all.

*******Actually, it has a lot to do with the speeds we drive. You worry about getting hit from behind at a crossing light? If that driver behind you is maintaining the distance set forth in the traffic codes, you have little to worry about. If you are tailgating, then -yes- you may get creamed.
********There will never be enough money that politicians cant spend it, waste it, or steal it. And I dont believe that enforcing traffic laws is about making more money.
********* Some folks drive alertly, carefully, and considerately. Others dont, but believe they have the right to do what they wish.

I still have faith that the laws are enacted to protect the people in general, not to provide a money trap.

I heard one of the secretaries bitching not too long ago about getting a ticket on the outer loop in Houston. It is a toll road, and she thought she was paying to drive as fast as she wanted. It was someone else's fault they clocked her at over 90 mph. People like this really need to do a little stint in jail.

Reply to
<HLS

Amen #1

Amen #2

Reply to
Don Bruder

The hearing date is Tues. May 9. So please make those calls tommorrow.

Ed.

Editor wrote:

Reply to
Editor