protecting from corrosion after scrape

I backed my 2006 Milan into another one recently and ended up with scratches on my bumper, door, and that panel in between. I may not try to fix it, because it will cost $500+. And the damage isn't visibly terrible.

Still, I'm concerned about the scratches being an avenue for corrosion. Is that a real problem, and if so then what can I do to prevent corrosion?

natjordan

just get it fixed. if nothing else if your insurance company finds out you have unrepaired damage they will throw a hissy, and really nothing you could do to inhibit rust (short of fixing it properly) doesn't make it look even worse.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Well, this one is going to set me back (what with the two vehicles to repair), but I appreciate your straight talk. Thanks.

Reply to
natjordan

On a 2006 car I would definitely get it fixed. Your comprehensive coverage should cover everything beyond the deductible.

Reply to
John S.

Got it fixed. Second estimate came in a lot lower, not too bad.

Reply to
natjordan