Any good sources (online or otherwise) for Miata body panels?

A couple weeks back, I was rear ended by an 18 wheeler. It's not as bad as that sounds. I was able to drive away, the 18 wheeler had to wait for the repair truck to pull his bumper off his right front tire, so I guess, technically I "won". But it's not something I really want to repeat.

Insurance company wanted to total it at first, but I had one of my friends and fellow "shade tree" mechanic/body man write me an estimate for just under the threshhold of having it totalled (and having to deal with salvage title, inspections, extra paperwork, etc.). Now, me and him are going to try to fix this thing. But there aren't any Miatas to be found in the parts yards I frequent, and the few I can find, the yard owners are real proud of and want to keep their parts more than I want to buy them.

Anyway, I need some body parts to repair this thing. I was wondering if there are any good sources for cheaper body panels, or even used body panels. Online is good, or anywhere in the Metro Atlanta area, North Georgia, even southeast TN or northwest AL would work.

I'll need:

- Left rear quarter panel

- Rear bumper and support

- Left tail light and surrounding trim

- Trunk lid

A left side door would be nice as well (to fix some remaining damage from a previous fender/door bender).

I've seen a few guys selling parts (tail lights, trunk lids, tops) on eBay. I'll probably contact them and see what they have, but if anyone knows of better sources, I'm looking.

I'll try to host some pics if anyone wants to offer advice or comments.

-- Racer X

1984 VW Jetta Diesel GT 1992 Mazda Miata (looks OK considering it's been hit by an 18 wheeler) 1994 Caravan (OK, maybe it's a keeper, but I still want a VW Caddy) 1995 Ford Escort (may it rest in pieces) 1983 VW Rabbit GTI (ITB racer) 1988 Mazda RX-7 (maybe for sale, make offer) 1992 GMC Topkick (portable garage for racecar[s])
Reply to
racer_x

wondering if

used body

North

Try

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva