Re: 94 taurus starting problems

On two occasions in the past 10 days, the car refused to start. Ample

>cranking but it just would'nt turn over. It was like it was out of gas, >but it wasn't. Waited a few minutes and bang...it starts up. WHen i >drive it on the highway there is no speed cut out or missing. It runs >great....and gets 25 miles mpg. > >I'm trying to avoid a problem where I'm can't get it started....

Do you have one of those keys with a little bit of electronics in it, that hooks up to the start-interruptor to disengage it? On many cars, that bit of anti-theft is hooked to the fuel pump, and if it doesn't engage you can crank all you want, but you'll never start.

Jasper

Reply to
Jasper Janssen