Re: 95 Blazer Crank Sensor?

I am looking to change my crank sensor after changing plus, wires,

> rotor/cap and I still get a miss and excessive exhaust fumes, which is > what I was attempting to fix. I believe I'm OD2 on the computer but no > reader can read it. I get link errors. I triedd a couple differant > models of reader. taking this thing to a shop isn't out of the question > but I'd like to repair this myself. It was supposed to be an open/shut > case.....
Reply to
ed

I don't think you should lose pressure so fast after the engine is shut off, you may have a leaking injector. Is this a Vortec central-point fuel injection system?

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Make, model, year?

Reply to
saeengineer

The CPFI vehicles are EXTREMELY sensitive to fuel pressure. I seem to recall a difference in 2 PSI making the difference between a start and a no start.

56 PSI seems about right IIRC for engine running. Pressure should not drop to zero when it's shut down.
Reply to
saeengineer

Found entire kit at a local parts place (Borg Warner replacement) Talk about $$$$. Whew but...this is the fix. I can see how it would draw air/fuel instead of jsut air in the plenum when the regulator is leaking.

Putting kit on now on a nice day. Long live the mechanic!!

saeeng> >

Reply to
keith

Well, I found another regulator/injector assembly for $100 less and looked exactly like the Borg Warner one, same materials etc. so I went with that. Still 300 bucks though.(aftetr adding a gasket to the list)

It ran a little crappy at first but ran it a while and it has come around to be> Found entire kit at a local parts place (Borg Warner replacement)

Reply to
ed