Re: Did ya hear about the big storm in Franklin County, MA

One time Roger Fredinburg said on his radio talk show, Martha Stewart is so frigid, if she sat down in a puddle of water it would turn into ice.

I think we are entering a mini ice age right now. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

According to geologic history, this one isn't going to be 'mini'. If the past trends hold true, this one is going to cover a good deal of the Earth.

You and I won't see it, but our kid's kid's kid's kids might.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news:90fMn.19575$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.iad:

If they each live to be 4,000 years old maybe.

Reply to
chuckcar

I live 140 miles North of the Gulf Coast.Hurricane Katrina ripped ten shingles off of the top of my roof and blew down three trees across my street.There used to be a seventy feet tall pecan tree in my front yard and another seventy feet tall pecan tree in my back yard.Katrina weakened both of those pecan trees, they were leaning too much toward my house.In June of 2006, I paid $400.00 per tree to have them cut down and mulched and hauled away.Doggy and I were in my dining room when those Katrina winds were blowing around here.I was scared half to death, doggy slept all the way through.That pecan tree in my front yard, the base/trunk of that tree at ground level was dancing around like a wild Indian on camp kikapoo joy juice.I thought sure it was going to blow down on my house. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

LOL! Colorful description! But in my case, the Dog was freaking out, and I was cursing the lights being out...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I was lucky, my electric power was out for only a day and a half.There were a heck of a lot of little black flying bugs with two sets of wings on them that Katrina blew in around here.I had never seen those kinds of flying bugs/insects before.There were vehicles from coastal areas around here that had come here to get away from Katrina, some of the front ends of those vehicles were covered with those dead bugs. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin