Re: JD Power APEAL Survey: Toyota ranked next to last, Honda, Nissan below average

"Just as in the 2009 APEAL study, all three Japanese mass market

> brands ­ Toyota, Honda and Nissan -- scored below the industry > average. In this year¹s study, Toyota also ranked next to last, just > ahead of Jeep. > > The "report card showed the Detroit Three automakers catching and, in > some cases, surpassing Asian and Europe competitors as the domestic > brands, on average, outscored import brands for the first time in 13 > years. > > The Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study > received 76,000 consumers¹ assessments on about 80 criteria after > driving their 2010 model vehicles for three months. Power researchers > collected responses between February and May of this year, added the > scores and ranked 33 brands on a 1,000-point scale. > >
> .-automotive-brands-outpace-rivals-in-new-J.D.-Power-survey > > >

I wonder how much GM paid for that "study".

Reply to
E. Meyer

"E. Meyer" wrote in news:C8687B93.1D9A8% snipped-for-privacy@msn.com:

GM didn't have to pay anything. Barack simply made a few phone calls, and...

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9DB972BD6C61Ctegger@208.90.168.18:

Got hung up on numerous times because he wasn't in the "old boys network".

Reply to
chuckcar

Guys, take a look at what the study is and how it was conducted. It's even less useful than the rest of the Powers surveys, but don't go pointing fingers at a survey that basically asks random people vague questions about how much they like car makers.

You ask questions that don't mean anything, you get answers that don't mean anything either.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Q: if today is Sunday, what color is your underwear?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:i1vs6q$kje$ snipped-for-privacy@panix2.panix.com:

Something I sort of alluded to in my other reply. My last post was merely "necessary clarification" if a term must be used.

Reply to
chuckcar

You do know they were not actually spelling the word "appeal." Didn't you see the line where it was shown that APEAL is an acronym for "Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout." And yes I agree it is corny.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

>> .-automotive-brands-outpace-rivals-in-new-J.D.-Power-survey >

So was Toyota paying for years when they were at the top of this same "study?" I have to love the Toyota drones sense of perspective. Apparently they think if you are not on your knees kissing Toyota's butt you are in the pay of someone else. Get a clue - Toyota is just another just another car company out to separate you from your money just like GM.

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

In message , C. E. White writes

This is a very strange way to look at a foreign company and assume that their work ethic is the same as in the US, where it's I'm all right Jack. (I don't care about you, attitude.)

Reply to
Clive

I have never owned a Toyota. I have never even test driven a Toyota (because the local dealer is a total butt, not anything to do with the cars). I have owned a Pontiac, a Chevrolet, 3 Oldsmobiles, 3 Fords, a Chrysler, 3 Hondas, an Acura, 2 Nissans and 4 Infinitis. Enjoyed every one of them. In my experience, the Infinitis have been far and away the most fun to drive, and also in my experience, the least expensive to maintain.

Get a clue yourself Ed. I did not mention the word Toyota anywhere in my post.

Reply to
E. Meyer

My apologies. I didn't actually say you were a Toyota drone (I was referring to them, and if you are not one, then you were not included), but you did post your comments in the Toyota group. It seems that any time someone is not 100% positive about Toyota in this group they are immeadiately attacked and called a liar or a shill or worse. And any positive news about GM is treated as if it was the result of some vast left wing conspiracy or was the result of a personl request of President Obama.

Back to the original topic - Why do you think GM (or anyone else) pays for good ratings from JD Power? And it you truly beleive that GM is paying for the current better (but not great ratings), why would you not believe the same is true for other companies that have enjoyed good rating in the past (sometime apprently for no reason I could understand).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White