Re: Looking for user history regarding their solution for MPG drop

On Nov 16, 12:25 pm, snipped-for-privacy@inbox.com wrote:

Changed the cat today, filled in a new tank. Will post results after whatever the amount of miles it would take me. Very oddly, just before I changed the converter, my mileage jumped up from 10 to 12.5MPG.
I did tell the car on several occasions, that I was about to change the cat once the payroll comes through, but it looks a bit metaphysical to me.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 30, 6:19 pm, snipped-for-privacy@inbox.com wrote:

Nope, nothing changed. It's the same 10MPG.
I guess I'm doing regular tuneup next.
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 12 2007, 1:31 pm, snipped-for-privacy@inbox.com wrote:

We have a winner - replaced spark plugs and slark plug wires (one of them was broken at the tip where it touches the ignition module) - and the mileage is back to 20 MPG.
Add pictures here
✖

We have a winner - replaced spark plugs and slark plug wires (one of them was broken at the tip where it touches the ignition module) - and the mileage is back to 20 MPG.
Keep in mind, if the plugs did not fire properly raw gas can get into the cat and ruin it. Don't wait so long next time.
Add pictures here
✖