Re: Rattling Air Conditioner Clutch

Just some info... there is a TSB out on this year vehicle for this rattle condition. It has to do with the harmonic balancer / pulley I believe. I don't know if the a/c being on causes the rattle to stop.

Still could be the a/c clutch.

My son has an 1992 Ford Tempo GL with a terrible rattle coming from the air > conditioner clutch assy. When clutch is engaged no rattle when it > disingages the rattle is so loud you would think the whole car was ready to > disintigrate before your eyes. > > The air condition is still working so I hope someone can advise me about > repairing or replacing the clutch without removing the compressor from the > car. If an in car repair is not practical what are my options, can I some > how jam to unit so it won't rattle, or just replace the compressor with a > regular pulley assy.? > > An help will be greatly appreciated. > > Jimbo > >
Reply to
Clem