Re: Rocking drivers seat, slow acceleration, old warranty

Dear Experts,

> > Today I was looking at a 1999 Lexus ES300 for sale. > With 71000 miles on it, I'm told. Which is not a lot > of miles per year. > > I have a 1997 Camry XLE, which, except for the labels, > is very much the same car. 3 liter V6, leather, etc. > > 1) > The driver's seat would rock back and forth on > the acceleration and deceleration. This was irritating, > enough to notice. Like a rattle that won't go away. > My Camry leather seats do not do the same thing. > > Is this a known, common problem that can be fixed?

It depends on what is rocking. Most likely, it can be fixed.

> 2) > The other thing that I noticed is that the acceleration > seemed slower on the Lexus, than on the Camry. > > Is this normal? Could it be that they need to change > the spark plugs? >

It is difficult to tell without driving the car, but it is possible that the car needs new spark plugs and an air filter.

> 3) > They told me that I can go to Lexus and transfer the warranty > to myself. That it is good til 100K miles. > > Is this true? It's 2007, so the car is eight years old now. If > so, what all does the warranty cover after all this time? > > > Thanks a lot >

The owners may be talking about an extended service contract.

Reply to
Ray O

Checking that the front seat mounting bolts are not loose every

20,000 miles is on the maintenance schedule for my Supra

I hate to say it but if reading a warranty or looking at something wiggling is to much effort then your test drive is pointless too.

Reply to
Danny G.