Where can I get a good price on a Subaru Extended warranty?

I just signed the papers for a 2004 Subaru Forester. Of course they wanted me to buy an extended warranty and I plan to, since I will probably keep the car well past the warranty period.

I will be putting on at least 20k a year so the original waranty will last 1 1/2 years.

Is there any dealership that will give the best price on a SUBARU extended warranty.

I'm not looking for the 3rd party ones loke warranty Gold, etc., I want a SUBARU warranty.

I remember when I bought my 2001 F-150 there was a number of dealerships in the USA that other owners pointed me to for my F-150 in a Ford newsgroup.

Anyone have any dealerships that they can point me to?

I know that the price is negotiable so I want a little bit of bargaining power.

Thanks, Jerry

Reply to
GTD

If you do not trust Subaru, why are you buying one? Just consider the fact that extended warranty is always great deal... for dealer.

I got my car used, made about 40K on it already, and everything I fixed on this car was never covered by extended warranty (i.e. brake pads, tires, spark plugs, etc.). They never cover wearing parts... Even parts like timing belts are not covered unless they are broken.

Reply to
Guest

I had a 1992 Ford E-150 Club Wagon van that went through 3 sets of ball joints within 50,000 miles. Twice on my extended warranty. The extended warranty saved me at least twice what I had paid for it.

I wish I had one on our Ford Tempo cause I could gotten my tranny fixed as well.

The choice of extended warranty is up to the individual, just the same as the choice of Auto make, model, color, etc. I'm asking for the best location to buy a Subaru extended warranty. Nothing else.

BTW, I do not believe that most wear and tear parts; brakes, tires, pads, rotors, etc are not covered my even the original warranty. The timing belt is a wear and tear part, even though it is internal. The mileage that they recommend for changing the belt would be so far out of the 3/36,000 original warranty that it could only be covered by extended warranty and the exclusion is probably be spelled out in the extended warranty anyway.

I like the security of the ext.warranty.

Reply to
GTD

How long does extended warranty go for on Subarus I wonder? Dealer timing belt replacement is recommended at 105k for the newer cars.

Reply to
Henry Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "GTD" Newsgroups: alt.autos.subaru Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 5:03 PM Subject: Re: Where can I get a good price on a Subaru Extended warranty?

Sorry, but if you had your ball joints replaced 3 times during 50,000 miles, you should definitely change your mechanic. Does not come to your mind that they put cheapest parts because they have no competition?

Another aspect. When I checked quotas for my Subaru, I had to pay about

1000-1200$ per year / 12000 miles. Sorry, but I never spend such money on my Subaru. And even if I have to spend money on something, I would call a few Subaru and non-Subaru shops around to get best price/warranty/parts/etc.
Reply to
Guest

Subaru of Chicopee MA aka subaruwarranty.com destroyed the best price my local dealer was willing to do.

Get the good one with exclusionary coverage and not hte crufty one that is little more than a power train warranty.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

That's the consensus I've heard around here, too. The extended warrantee is a good money maker for whoever underwrites it. Isn't it suspicious that other companies besides the manufacturers are ready to write one for you?

My view is: religiously keep the car "in good shape" while under warrantee, making sure to do all the scheduled maintenance, and good general maintenance. At the end of the warrantee period MAKE SURE you do the last items (like timing belt for my last warrantee service), so that if disaster does strike, you might have some legal recourse, and at least you have not been negligent. Then budget for a reasonable amount of maintenance after warrantee. I'd budget the same (or a little less) than the extended warrantee amounts, but you'll cover it all. Just my opinion.

p.s. LOVE my Subie! It's been running well. I bought the '98, 4 years old. Just under 100Km on the clock. A bit of rust, from salt air around here.

Reply to
Juhan Leemet