Re: Sometimes you can't see the forest for all the dang trees...

Some of my episodes was embarrassing, such as: Working for a large rental car company, I once spent 2 hours chasing down a "short" that caused headlights to stay on whenever the ignition was on. I swear I had never seen a car with DRL before that (circa 1991 from Toronto) The Daytime Running Lamp suppliment was in another area of the shop manual. One other time I was trying to figure out why the marker\tail lanps would not turn off on a mid 90's Subaru Legacy (owners of these cars will know right away what the problem was) After 40 minutes I happened to hit what I thought was the Hazard Lamp switch on top of the steering column and they went off. That switch turns on the running lamps without the headlamp switch. The hazard switch is on the instrument panel with the big red triangle symbol on it!

Tom "I really am certified in electrical systems, honest" Adkins

Reply to
Tom

phil w

On many blade style fuses the blades poke all the way through the plastic for just that reason.

nate

Reply to
Nathan Nagel