Readiness Monitors?

I just had my 98 Chevy Astro van emission tested (Arizona/Maricopa County). It passed OK but there's an entry in the results section of the report that says 'Readiness Monitors that are not ready: Oxygen Sensor Heater'. What does that mean? Is there a problem with the O2 sensor that I should be concerned about? WTF is a readiness monitor? I'm good for two years now but just want to be sure there's not a problem that should be corrected.

(What a rip-off...it takes them about 30 secs to do the test via the OBDII port. Costs $27.75. At least on older cars they do a dyno test and actually measure something...makes you feel you get something for your money.)

Reply to
M.M.