code p1400

Hi everyone,

I wanted to run something by you as I look at my truck service light: 1997 Ford Ranger.

History: My check engine light has been on for many months and it had been checked before without any conclusion as to the problem. Yesterday I checked the codes with a code reader myself and found the following there:

P1400 Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Circuit Low Input P1443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Valve Malfunction P0136 O2 Sensor Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

The P1400 and P1443 were set, while the P0136 said "Pending".

This morning I cleared the codes and started the truck up with some acceleration about 5-8 times. The only code that came back on was the code P1400. The other codes were not visible although I would note that on the Innova 3100 reader the OH (Oxygen Sensor Heater Monitor), O (Oxygen Sensor Monitor), and C (Catalyst Monitor) monitor icons were still flashing (diagnostics test not complete yet).

My truck seems to run great as it always has, and it passed its emissions test previously with amazing results.

As I look to examine the problem aside from perhaps the computer being messed up, if there is a real problem I suppose it is best to begin with the P1400.

What kinds of things should I look for? Already checking, the hoses appeared to be fine. What things can I clean/repair versus buy new parts for?

Thanks

Chris