transmission sensor problem

Hi! My car is a Suzuki x-90 1997, 4wd, auto transmission... since about 7 months, my transmission begins to shift from 1st to 2nd at

4500 or 5000 RPM instead as 2500 as usual at the first start when it's cold almost every morning. Since the weather is warmer, it occurs only once in a while. Transmission and dealer's mechanic are not able to find what is the problem. It seems that one of the sensors is faulty but we don't know wich one. One of the solution I have is to change the transmission (around $1000.00 for a used one and $3,500 for a new one)) and they are not sure that it will solve the problem, or get all of the sensors checked one by one (begins at $600.00 and don't know where it stopped) and the last one is to replaced all sensors but some of them goes up to $1,500.... I want to have it fixed but I dont't want to pay for nothing anymore. It already cost me over $700. to change nothing. So if someone once have the same problem and have the solution.

Thanks!

Chantale

P.S.: coolen sensor has been changed as well as trans fluid. Suzuki don't produce any code for that car cause they produced it only 3 years... and they never have that kind of problem before.

Reply to
Plume

i think the problem is in side the transmission box. it seems like a clutch sliping. you need to get it to the tranmission expert. i went through the same thing trying to save money by changing sensors but end up having the box recondition. and all the sensors that was change were alright.

Reply to
hassan25

Transm mechanic told me that the transm is ok... they check it for 3 weeks. My dealer says the same. I dont know if they're ok... they told me if it was a transm. problem, it will always do it. They are the one that told me it was a sensor problem.

Reply to
Plume